Many people across the world are facing teeth decaying and other mouth (oral) conditions. Today we will be looking at dental carries which is normally known as decaying of teeth. This condition does not have age restriction, it affects young and old.
The dental caries
Dental caries involves destruction (decalcification) of teeth outer white layers (enamel). This may further result on destruction of the underlying dentin (the inner part of the teeth). The results is a cavity, which must be cleaned and filled to prevent further erosion of the teeth.
Although the causes of dental carries are not completely understood, lack of teeth cleanliness and a diet high in sugar and starch contribute to the problem.
The microorganisms involved
Accumulation of food particles on the surfaces and between the teeth aid the growth of certain kinds of microorganisms (bacteria to be specific). These bacteria fall under group of Mutans, which is further divided into seven specifically species.
Amongst the seven species, only two specieyare of human beings concern, which are Streptococcus Mutans (S. Mutans) and Streptococcus sobrinus.
These two human concerned oral (mouth) bacteria are activated by the presence of high sugar diet food, which is then convected to sucrose and other bacteria accessory nutrition.
Present of sucrose lead to imbalances of oral pH. The pH imbalances (mineralization and demineralization) lead to the teeth structure being destroyed. This is where caries manifest.
Furthermore, these microorganisms utilize carbohydrates in food particles and produce an abundance of acid by-product an some sticky substances that help keep the bacteria attached to the teeth.
The acids then begin the process of destroying teeth enamel and dentin.
Where is this bacteria coming from?
The oral Streptococcus Mutans/ sobrinus is a normal flora bacteria of the mouth. It live inside human mouth and it is not meant to cause harm.
Some children are born with it from, they acquire the bacteria through genetic transmission (mother to child), it can be transmitted either vertical or horizontal.
Vertical transmission, might involve a new born acquiring an infection during the time a mother giving birth. Horizontal transmission involve acquiring an infection from distance areas, might involve kissing, breast feeding , and from siblings.
Recent research shows that species of Mutans can be cross-transfered between siblings and even from schoolmates. More research is still required on pointing at dental carries as chronic condition.
Prevention of dental caries
Dental caries prevention requires brushing the teeth at least once a day, but recommendations from most dentist point at twice a day.
One can brush the teeth using dental floss or tape regularly to remove debris from between the teeth, and limiting the intake of sugar and starch, especially between meals.
Drinking fluoridated water or applying a fluoride solution to teeth also helps prevent dental decay.
Loosing teeth as a factor
Loss of teeth is most commonly associated with diseases of the gums know as gingivitis and periodontitis, whereas diseases of the dental pulp ( roots of the teeth) is called endodontitis.
Such diseases can usually be avoided by practicing good oral hygiene and obtain regular dental treatment. If not, you can find yourself a home base cleaning equipments to keep your oral health up to normal.
Home base remedy
Most people are now considering to buy themselves hygiene equipments and do their own home based oral cleaning for health reasons.
One of the products is, Electric Sonic Dental Calculus Plaque Remover Tool Kit – Tooth Scraper, Tartar Removal, Cleaner – Teeth Stain Eraser Polisher – Remove Tarter for Kids and adult – 100% Proven Safe Effective (Sky Blue)
Product description/ advantages
- Still have stains tarter on your teeth after dentist appointment? No problem, this tool helps get all of it off
- Comfortable hold. It reaches all your teeth easily and the power of the vibration is perfect.
- Easy to Use: Just put it in place and turn on, it’s foolproof.
- Painless and effective: After use it, your teeth will be noticeably whiter, and free of plaque.
- Feel like you just left from the dentist! Feel like you just jet a deeper clean!!!
Feel like you just left from the dentist! Feel like you just jet a deeper clean!!! Please Note the following disadvantages:
1. Be careful around the sensitive gum line when using this oral hygiene tool.
2. For some users it might be a little bit hard to use at the first time, but gradually it will become your must have oral care tools!
3. It doesn’t treate the oral infection, if your teeth are already severely damaged, it won’t help. See a dentist first before use.
4. It doesn’t not remove oral ulcers or tumors around your mouth, the product is for cleaning and keeping clean oral health.
Do you have a stinky breath?
Having a bad smell in your mouth is not a shame but an oral health seeking attention problem. Most people are finding it hard to keep fresh breathing.
Well, the smelling of the mouth is caused by oral bacteria or viral infection around your oral cavity. Some serious infection may include tonsils, nasals, oropharyngeal and other areas around the mouth such as dental cavities.
Food remainders and hard to clean areas around the mouth, including tongue may lead to smelling breath, closing your mouth for a prolonged time and eating unhealthy may be reasons of your bad oral smell.
Here, is the products to use at home with your children, the Eight Horses-T Tongue Cleaner Scraper Surgical Grade Stainless Steel, Tongue Scraping Brush for Oral Hygiene Care Fresh Breath Tongue Scrapers with Carry Case for Adults and Kids,2Pack size.
Product description/ advantages
- Made of Premium Surgical Grade stainless steel – Non-toxic and Sterilizable – Comfort Grip
- Fresh Breath Coming- Use stainless steel tongue scrapers to clean any coating thing from the surface to prevent a bad breath, bring the sense of taste and improve digestion
- Heavy duty gauge to ensure it is smooth on the tongue – no worries about risk of nicks or hurted by the scraper; No Moldy Rubber or PVC Handles – Environmental Stainless Steel Ergonomic handles to ensure bacteria free surface
- Flexible, non-gagging – Suitable tool for plaque removal, bad breath and to restore oral hygiene or taste sensation.
Why do we need a tongue cleaner?
Our tongue is uneven, and has many grooves and crevices that unclean thing can reside in. Research shows that the tongue accumulates more dirty plaque than other parts of the oral cavity. Especially during sleep, the tongue is coated with a plaque film of dirty and other odor causing compounds.
How to use?
1. Wet your tongue and tongue cleaner with water
2. Extend the tongue as far as possible and with the tongue scraper
reach to the furthest point of the tongue
3. Scrape from the inside out with the stainless scraper
4. Repeat the scraping motion 5-8 times until your tongue is clean
5. Rinse mouth and clean your scraper with water
Oral hygiene is very important part of our health. Before everything happens when we meet people along, we salute them. What come out of your mouth shouldn’t make people uncomfortable.
Teeth decaying is sometimes chronic, it might need more than just a mouth wash, but a dentist appointment and dental treatment. Moreover, home based remedy are also available to make sure that your oral hygiene is spot-on.
Buy relevant, dentist proven products click here, and more links of different products that are helpful are scarted across this article.
If you need any help, you can easily leave a comment. If you need more clarity or have a question about the website or article feel eto leave me a message or comment below.
With Love doctor